Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Fast Food Frenzie---Part 1-----

 Hey everyone I am BACK! Sorry, school has been busy but I finally found the time to type!
   I am currently reading a book called Chew on This by Eric Schosser and Charles Wilson. It's all about how HORRIBLE fast food is! Did you know that Taco Bell now freeze-dries it's meat, dehydrated beans(that looks like brownish cornflakes)! "'Everything's 'add water,' a Taco Bell employee says, 'Just add hot water.'" It's unhealthy as it is but...reading this book might make you become vergetarian..or if you are...you will just shudder!
   Hamburger...the simple word makes your mouth water. Yummy Big Macs smothered in Special Mac Sauce. But do you know whats in there? I read that..(and I am just going to be incisive) POOP IS IN YOUR BURGERS!!!!! Not just Big Macs. EVERY ONE! Maybe there are some fast food resteraunts have healthier burgers but in Chew on This...they say there is animal waste in you burgers. I am NOT EVER having another Big Mac or any other burger for a long time!
   Everyone freezes their meat now...goes from the freezer and on the grill...(full of...you know) and FRIES. Yummy fries made from potateos, freshly made. Wait, cross that out. The Potatoe indrustrie made them frozen...never crispie as they used to be in the 1900s. Did you know that in the 1900s an average American consumed 81 pounds of fresh potatoes and 4 pounds of frozen french fries? Now-a-days an average American eats 49 pounds of fresh potatoes and 30 pounds of frozen french fries. 90 percent of that is from Fast Food places and..well, you do the math!
   I know I am going all over the place but the average burger was 'invented' by a 15 year-old who dropped out of school in the 8th grade!!! Wow, I know!

     Want to know the secret that makes your drink pink? Hint: it has legs...you guess while I keep reading and I will be back with the answer!
    Stay Green
    Stay Loving
    Stay Alive
    STAY HUMAN
         I love you all!
                 Serene
       

 

No comments:

Post a Comment